[Coco] Are MC68B09E's and HM63C09E's as well as various support chips still available?

John Kent jekent at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 25 10:36:56 EDT 2012

Altera Quartus II web edition version 11.1 is supposed to work with:
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (32 bit)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 & 4 (32 bit)
CentOS 4 & 5 (32 bit)
Windows XP (32 bit)
Windows Vista (32 bit)
Windows 7 (32 bit)

http://www.altera.com/literature/po/ss_quartussevswe.pdf

It seems you have to buy the subscription version to run 64 bit OS
versions which is a bit of a pain.

It looks like Xilinx 14.1 is similar although it seems to support both
32 & 64 bit OS versions.
They don't say they support CentOS or Vista.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_1/irn.pdf

Anyway ... I guess most people running Linux already know all this.
Can you run virtualbox or vmware under Linux and run Linux under Linux ?

--
http://www.johnkent.com.au
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jekent