[Coco] Second Floppy

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 01:07:51 EDT 2012

The problem I have been running into is not the drives or bit rot... but just plain old rot. Some of my disks and old audio tapes are beginning to peel. The coating on some is turning to dust. I am constantly cleaning this stuff from my drive heads. The mylar or what erver it is will eventually break down so I would archive to something more stable soon.
I did a lot of research lately after loosing a couple of DVD archives to mildew and found that most of the "experts" agreed that the best archiving medium for now is flash drives. Solid state media... that's the way to go.

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com