[Coco] An MC68HC11A1P Based Computer Idea

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Jul 22 15:17:30 EDT 2012

On 22 Jul 2012 at 9:17, john dumas wrote:

> I'm really very certain that the use of "6811" and "6812" is just a
> sloppy way of referring to
> the HC chips...........Many folks, even MOT folks, have done that in the

That maybe true. I also maybe confusing the HC05 and the HC11. After some thought and a
bit of research I found that the M6805 was ofered in both MC6805 and MC68HC05. Now
almost totally replaced by the MC68HC08 and its variants. I may have been thinking of the
HC05 migration and associated it to the HC11. With the advent of numeric and data paging
the MC146805E was the processor then in the early 80's. Also I remember that the
MC146805E was used early in numeric paging. I think it was around the mid to late 80's that
the HC11 took off in paging. I know for the alpha line of pageers and for Flex Protocol we
used an HC05WJ as a DSP processor and then a HC11PH8 as a backend processor.

james