[Coco] Coco BBSs

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Mon Feb 13 16:04:12 EST 2012

Don't get me wrong, I have fond memories of calling BBSs and ran a few of
my own, even one on my CoCo for a short time. Other than for nostalgic
reasons, there's not much point in running one or calling into them these
days since pretty much everyone is on the web. The main reason I can see
someone using one now is if they didn't have internet access, or using a
computer that really can't access the web, or do it well. Yes, I know they
CoCo and other old systems fit that, but most of their owners have web
access with simple ways to transfer downloads to and from these machines.
I certainly wouldn't want to invest the time, resources and phone line for
a BBS that would only get an occasional phone call and that's why there
aren't too many left I'm sure.