[Coco] Coco 1/2 RF Faint

Jeremy Michea jmichea at bell.net
Mon Feb 13 21:16:58 EST 2012

Thanks Aaron. And yes if I recall, it looks better on an older CRT I have kicking around the house somewhere. Currently I use a Commodore 1702 monitor which is great for composite but for RF I have to run the signal through an old VCR and then composite out to the 1702. Is never usually an issue with my old gaming systems like the Atari 2600 or Colecovision but with the Coco 1 and 2 the fainter text is more noticeable I suppose.

I still don’t get why the same coco 2 with faint boot up text can then have a cart like Clowns and Balloons (for example) plugged into it and its title screen text be much sharper. Weird.