[Coco] noswiz doesn't work for me...

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 05:14:48 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM, Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 09:18:05PM -0500, Brett Gordon wrote:
>
>> Thats about the same setup as I have, except I don't have MPI.  The
>> "-" mean that cocoboot isn't finding a valid extension image (in your
>> case, anywhere!).
>
>> Make sure you have "HDB-DOS translation" turned of in DriveWire.  I
> ................................................. ??
>
> Do you want that on or off?
>
>> had a similar problem which I racked my brain for hours over, until I
>> realized I turned on the translation while writing the HDB drivers for
>> CoCoBoot, and forgot to turn them back off....
>
> With "HDB-DOS translation" on cocoboot finds the dw share, but my OS-9
> images aren't accessible and the RTC is messed up!

I don't know about the other aspects here, but *never* boot OS9 with
HDBDOS mode enabled.
Only sadness can result from doing that.  I considered just forcing
HDBDOS mode off any time an OS9 boot is seen, but those are not simple
to detect and I don't like forcing anything.  Anyway, you do not
want to boot OS9 with HDBDOS translation turned on, ever.