[Coco] In search of current owner of Coco Friends Disk Magaizine and Sundog software

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 11:52:48 EST 2012

I was searching all over for an original copy of Paladin's Legacy that would run as intended on all version of the coco with at least 64K.
The current version on the internet has been hacked and is playable only on a coco 3.

In my search I ran across an old web page by Rick Cooper that list several CFDM issues. At the bottom listed several Sundog games for sale.
I contacted Rick via email and he was kind enough to look through his things for me. He found a flippy disk labeled Paladin's Legacy.
He sent me the disk and I received it a couple days ago.

The game does not work, although it does not seem to be a "bad" disk. The game starts by LOADM"BOOT and it start to load.
However the coco then RESETS and your looking at the Disk Extended Basic logo again.
I can do a BACKUP of the disk with no errors and the disk drive makes no sickly noises like it should if the disk is bad.

I contacted Rick about it and he seems to think it may be a Master Disk, that needs to be "patched" or modified to run correctly.
The copy protection added so the software sees it and runs proper.
He searched for the instructions on this but had no luck.

He then remembered he had transferred CFDM and all the software companies he had to a fellow coco user. Here is what he told me:

"I suddenly remember that I turned CFDM over to a fellow Cocoist from Missouri (I believe it was) in 1996 or 1997.  I also gave him rights to all the software I had bought from the various companies.  I would bet that if there exist the instructions to copying the Sundog Software that it would be in his possession."

So, as the subject says, we are looking for the person that Rick gave over the software to.

Thanks for any and all help!

I can always be reached off the mailing list at chazbeenhad at hotmail dot com

Charlie