[Coco] In search of current owner of Coco Friends Disk Magaizine and Sundog software

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Fri Dec 28 14:03:09 EST 2012

On Dec. 28, 2012, at 9:52 AM, Charlie wrote:

> I was searching all over for an original copy of Paladin's Legacy
> that would run as intended on all version of the coco with at least
> 64K.
> The current version on the internet has been hacked and is playable
> only on a coco 3.

The original author of Paladin's Legacy, Allan Chaney, contacted the
CoCo list back in September, 2008.  He was trying to get the game
working (in an emulator) so he could show it to his kids.  Allan had
many of his original work disks, but many of them had physically
decayed and could not be easily read.  Allan had disks of the final
version of the game prior to copy protection being applied by Sundog
Systems for the commercially sold disks.

Fellow CoCoist Tim Lindner seemed to have some disk images in his
collection that pertained to Paladin's Legacy:

Paladin.dmk
Paladin_workdisk.dmk
Paladin_orig_1of2.dmk
Paladin_legacy_s2.dmk
Paladin_legacy_s1.dmk

 From his collection, we were able to cobble together a working
version of Paladin as you found on Allan's website <http://paladinslegacyretro.wordpress.com/
 >.

Another Cocoist, Andrew Ayers, was working on compiling a complete
repository of all of the Paladin assets <http://www.phoenixgarage.org/show_article/75
 >.  I'm not sure what became of this project.

-- JP