[Coco] The Graphical Segmentation System.

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 31 20:43:27 EDT 2012

On 1/09/2012 10:20 AM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> Planned: To check and convert from MicroSoft "C" to the
> TANDY COLOR COMPUTER 3 (CoCo3) with OS-9 Level II
> and 512K ram. (Never Done)

I've had a quick look at the source you linked, and IMHO I don't think
you've got much of a chance at all of running this on a Coco. And even if
you did, I'm really not sure what you'd do with it!?!

There's about 140KB of source there. It was meant to run on a machine that
could address at least 640KB, without bank-switching. There's native x86
assembler you'll need to replace. It uses dynamic memory allocation and IIUC
a virtual memory scheme that swaps graphical objects to/from disk on-the-fly.

It looks to me to be a system used for windowing and manipulating large
numbers of diverse graphical objects - certainly not suitable for any type
of gaming I can think of.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I wouldn't even attempt it myself. :(

Regards,