[Coco] The Graphical Segmentation System.

Fri Aug 31 21:12:38 EDT 2012

Hi,

Your take is quite different from what I got many years ago.

I typed in much of the source but not all. Thus I was convinced.

I looked mainly at what I thought the CoCo could do and felt that it could
at least be a beginning and would be fun.

But please realize, I have the printed book which might give you a different
impression.

It was not the source you looked at that gave me my impression, if that was
all I had then I might agree. I ignored much that was not needed.

As for what it could be used for,

> It looks to me to be a system used for windowing and manipulating large
> numbers of diverse graphical objects - certainly not suitable for any type
> of gaming I can think of.

Gaming, I agree. Once the basic simple code was working then what fun things
on a Coco could be done was the time to ask questions.

It's approach is quite different and for sure large numbers would not work.

The different approach is what makes it so attractive to CoCo usage, you can
do more with less effort.

But it was ~ 25 years ago

SHF