[Coco] The Continuing Saga of My 6809 Computer

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Aug 31 10:58:02 EDT 2012

Kip

I have not coppied the original post because it is just to long, but I want to let you know that
the FT245 is an interface chip designed for embedded boards like what you are doing. It is
not actually a host chip. With software on your 6809 board could make it function somewhat
as a host. It is designed to slave off a PC or MAC with virtual serial drivers supplied by FTDI.

The COCO3 ROM listing from the Unravelled series is not totally functional as printed. There
is an XLS file on the RSTI archive that can be downloaded. You need to copy CB1.2, ECB,
and merge thiem into one file. Then you have to apply the changes that were implemented
for SECB for the COCO3. This has been done by others, including myself. You then have to
format the whole file for the assembler that you plan to use. There has been mentioned a
version that is formatted for mamou assembler. I am not familiar with that one. There are still
plenty of other assemblers that can be used. Some free and some come with a cost
associated with them. Formating differences is often what the delimiter is for comments.
Some require a semicolon and other do not. You can take the Mamou asm file as port it to
what ever assembler you plan to use.

good luck

james