[Coco] Unable to run OS-9 02.00.00 Cat. No. 700-2331 (Level_I) on VCC

Wed Aug 29 18:25:05 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have been reading

26-3030

700-2331

OS-9 Addendum

Upgrade to Version 02.00.00

I thought I had it, add "LOAD CMDS/GRFO to startup.

DID NOT WORK!

>From Bill Pierce

> I think it may be a bug in VCC and how the VDG graphics are handled in
> Level 1. I run into problems with quite a few programs that use VDG style
> graphics. Musica 1 & II will not work, CoCoMax 3, ColorMax 3, and a lot
> more will not run. They seem to be doing OK till the graphics are set then
> they hang up.

With Level - II the block cursor flashes, on Level - I it does not. That
says to me that he is right.

I did see some other things to try but I wonder if anything will work with
VCC.

Using Level - II and disabling memory until only about what is available in
Level - I may be my suggestion.

> nor even boot with the JVC John Collyer Coco3 emulators.

That's unexpected, at least we have the source for that unlike VCC (Almost).

SHF