[Coco] Unable to run OS-9 02.00.00 Cat. No. 700-2331 (Level_I) on VCC

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Aug 29 10:50:03 EDT 2012

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For anyone willing to help with either question, I have attached the four OS-9
> Level  - I disks to:
>
> "OS-9, Compilers and other links to Tandy Original Disks"
> http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=730#p730
>
> In addition I have attached a file with the disklogs of all six (6) Tandy OS-9
> original disks to that post.
>
> SHF

Stephen,

I've tested the OS-9 Level1 v2.0.0 master on several systems. It will boot on a
real Coco3. It also boots on the JVC coco2, Keil, and MESS emulators. It does
not seem to accept key entries with VCC nor even boot with the JVC John Collyer
Coco3 emulators.

What is odd is that while attempts to boot the master disk on the JVC Coco3
emulators will crash the emulator, I can read the disk after booting other
versions of OS-9 on the using the same emulators.