[Coco] Motorola Parts Missing in ExpressPCB

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Aug 15 10:38:45 EDT 2012

On 15 Aug 2012 at 8:52, Louis Ciotti wrote:

> I would try Eagle, but I don't like the "you cannot sell anything you make
> from this" restriction.  Will I ever sell a PCB design I make... probably
> not, but hey you never know and $800+ for a just in case is waaayyy too
> steep.

Personally I would not buy their (Eagle) Autorouter. My preference with them(autorouters) is
not to use them at all. Then again my background inPCB layout is from an analog/RF
background and for 900MHz RF layout and autorouter is taboo. By the time you put all the
restrictions on the autorrouter, you can route it manually faster.

The only full package from Cadsoft that I would buy is the Editor and layout tools. At $525 is
not a terrible cost considering what cadence and Mentor Graphics charge. Even the Hobbyist
license in not bad at $169 even with its layer and size restrictions.

james