[Coco] Motorola Parts Missing in ExpressPCB

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 10:24:51 EDT 2012

I have used ExpressPCB, PCB123, OrCAD, and I am now learning KiCAD.

I used OrCAD for work, and it is $$ for a hobbiest usage.  ExpressPCB
is nice, and simple to learn, but it has its limitations, one being
you have to order from them and no autorouter.  They will sell you the
Gerber files after you buy at least one run from them.  PCB123 is more
powerful and has an autorouter, but the schematic capture program can
be painful, but I have not used it in at least 3 years, so it may have
improved.  Again with PCB123 you have to order from them.  I am just
now learning KiCAD, and it is pretty powerful, but it has a learning
curve.  Have not gotten into doing a layout with it yet, but it does
have a large user base with plenty of libraries.  I ahve a simple
design I am going to run through batchpcb and see how that goes.  For
the cost if the results are OK, it is worth the wait.

I am sure others have different thoughts.