[Coco] CoCoDskUtil install

Fri Aug 3 17:25:36 EDT 2012

Hi,

Luis has had some problems with install before, and I suspect he still does.

I am trying to track down what installer he is using and if I have an
English copy on my MSDN DVD's. I would have to do an install on a VM to
really look at it.

I did just find Visual Basic 6 which may be what Luis is using. But that may
be of little use as the CoCoDskUtil source is in Spanish of course.

And I found an ISHIELD installer on the same CD. So there is some hope that
an English install could be rebuilt using his installer parts. His install
package I think uses the same file names.

But that would take lots of time, I think that we should just collect snips
of the install process and build a RTF or HTML file with the snips and then
what we think the English Version would say.

Vista, W7 and W8 installs with UAC on is what is needed. I needed to use my
admin account to install V1.1.3. I can do other installs started in my UAC
protected account so that should not be necessary.

With V1.0.10 I saw problems with CoCoDskUtil.INI and had to delete it often.

I have yet to really start with V1.1.3 so if those problem remain I will see
them soon.

SHF