[Coco] Virus 'IDP.Program.D1B0A5C0' Detected In'CocoDiskUtilityPack v1.0.10.Zip' During Install

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:52:45 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Stephen H. Fischer
<SFischer1 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This post has gone viral on coco3.com. :(

All I see on coco3.com is spam, mostly for some sort of headphones...
unless you mean the copy of this list's posts that they have on the
side of the homepage.  That will clear out as soon as we stop talking
about this :)

> So, no problem!

IMHO, this and other "oh noes!" discussions could be completely
avoided or at least better handled by contacting the
poster/author/maintainer privately with any concern rather than
posting to a public list.

If you are reasonably sure there is a problem after doing your own
verification and can get no timely response from the maintainer, maybe
then go public.  from what I've seen most coco projects have
responsible people behind them who try their best to provide good
service, give em a chance to make the best of the situation (if there
even is a situation :)