[Coco] Problems with Drivewire 4

Paulo Lindoso paulo.lindoso at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 22:56:20 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Update on my drivewire problems...

I had an "old" Pentium 4, 3GHz, 512MB RAM with a standard RS232 port buried
where I couldn't remember...  I set it up, got a basic Windows XP installed
on it and ran Drivewire 4.

It successfully detected my CoCo3 (so I guess my problem is with my
USB-to-RS232 adapter after all), but now I can't read any DSK images...

Enabling ALL logs in DW4 reads the following:
Timed out reading from CoCo in OP_READEX
OP_READEX took 531ms.  Server loaded on low on ram?

Problem is: this machine is clean... nothing but standard WinXP and DW4
running...

>From the CoCo perspective, I am running DECB/HDBDOS with DW3 ROM, and all I
get from a basic "DIR" is "?IO ERROR".

HDB-DOS translation is enabled.