[Coco] Drivewire VHD's

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Apr 14 18:52:48 EDT 2012

Mark Ormond wrote:
> Is there a site with VHD's pre done for Drivewire?
> I'm looking for game collections, etc.
>
> Or, is there an easy way to convert the files from a drivepak image to a format compatible with drivewire?
>

> Thanks,
> Later,
> dabone

The answer to your question, as asked, is no. That's because your question is
not specific enough. Conversion of programs may or may not be needed but the
process will depend on whether the programs are OS-9 or Disk Basic.

Many of the OS-9 games have been fixed to run with Drivewire.
http://www.nitros9.org/latest/

Disk Basic programs, whether Basic or ml. have no specific url for DW ready
versions, far as I'm aware. Most should work without alteration unless they use
their own disk I/O routines.
Even if that is the case, a .vhd disk stuffed with 252 drives of programs needs
only to keep drives 0-3 free. Any program that won't run from a higher drive
number can be copied to drives 0-3 and will probably run from there.

Post specific games which you can't get to run from a .vhd image and we may be
able to provide a fix.