[Coco] Arduino question

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Oct 2 18:07:55 EDT 2011

On Sunday, October 02, 2011 06:05:50 PM Mark Ormond did opine:

> Arduino is actually based off the Atmel AVR line. The standard is a
> MEGA8 and there is a MEGA version based on the ATmega2560. There is
> talk of making a ARM based board that will work with some of the
> shields. The Ethernet is actually based on the Wiznet 5100 series chip
> that Has the entire ip stack in the chip.
>
> Here are the features of the wiznet.
>

> Support Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols : TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4 ARP, IGMP,
> PPPoE, Ethernet 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
> Support Auto Negotiation (Full-duplex and half duplex)
> Support Auto MDI/MDIX
> Support ADSL connection (with support PPPoE Protocol with PAP/CHAP
> Authentication mode)
> Supports 4 independent sockets simultaneously
> Not support IP Fragmentation
> Internal 16Kbytes Memory for Tx/Rx Buffers
> 0.18 ىm CMOS technology
> 3.3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
> Small 80 Pin LQFP Package
> Lead-Free Package
> Support Serial Peripheral Interface(SPI MODE 0)
> Multi-function LED outputs (TX, RX, Full/Half duplex, Collision, Link,
> Speed)
>
> So the arduino libs make it easier to use, but the real Ethernet magic
> is in the wiznet.

Thanks Mark.

Silly Q?  Is this atmel chip equipt with the command set that would let
nitros9 be ported to it?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"I'd love to go out with you, but there are important world issues that
need worrying about."