[Coco] Games that don't fit on floppies (was Super IDE vs. Drive Pak)

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Nov 16 10:14:38 EST 2011

On Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:07:26 AM Mark Marlette did opine:

> Gene,
>
> The bandwidth of our devices are of DRAM/RAM disk speeds. The TC^3 is
> twice as fast as the SuperIDE(S-IDE) but the S-IDE is still really
> fast.
>
> John Linville could speak to this more as his video player is based upon
> the critical bandwidth of the player on the S-IDE.
>
> You where the author of MyRAM?

Yes.  Guilty as charged.  :)  Never could understand the reticence of
others to use it.  But today, so much system ram has disappeared since the
NOS9 v.1.16 days that it can't always be used. IIRC it needs about 450
bytes.

[...]

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
An efficient and a successful administration manifests itself equally in
small as in great matters.
		-- W. Churchill