[Coco] superIDE or drivepak ?

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Tue Nov 15 12:42:30 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:31:43AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:21:20 AM Sean did opine:
>
> > Grab some popcorn, I think a can-o-worms is getting opened!
>
> So do I, and I hope the protagonists will stay out of it, allowing the
> unwashed users their opinions, possibly correcting outright wrong
> statements, but otherwise not 'interfering'.  Then when this thread has run
> its course, each will see where their weak or strong points in the users
> minds are, based on the whole groups opinions.

I hope I'm not considered a protagonist. I posted and then saw this email.

I should point out that I have no hard feelings towards Roger and wish him
well. He's done a lot of good for the Coco community and I thank him for it. The
only reason I've never bought his drivepak since I always got the opinion that he
had a large backlog of orders and didn't want my order to delay others from getting
one. The same holds true for his version of drivewire. (I know it's not exactly the
same but I don't remember what he called it)

I don't know enough about either to comment but I understand that his drivepak works
closely and with with his version of drivewire. It's also not my intention to be critical
of his products. I just wanted to point out that one of the features of the SuperIDE that I
make frequent use of is the IDE interface and am kind of sad that no one ever seems to mention
it!

The Other Frank