[Coco] superIDE or drivepak ?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:28:02 EST 2011

I originally owned a drivepak, but after getting a SuperIDE I sold the
drivepak to someone else.

There are 2 major reasons I prefer the SuperIDE.  First of all, it has
4 flashable ROM slots which makes working with and developing roms
very easy.  This basically saves me the trouble of finding an eprom
burner and its much more convenient.

The second is speed.  The SuperIDE is much, much faster than the Drivepak.

These things may or may not matter to you, but they were the main
reasons I went with the SuperIDE after owning both for a while.

Full disclosure: I am now associated with Cloud-9, however the
decision to get rid of the Drivepak and keep the SuperIDE was made
long before that relationship came to be.

-Aaron