[Coco] superIDE or drivepak ?

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:20:29 EST 2011

I currently own and use both devices. I'm going to mention a few things,
but, will not get into the different features of CoCoNet and DriveWire
since I'm typing this on my phone.

Each device has points, good and bad. While Roger has improved the
performance of the Drive Pak, the Super IDE is still faster, especially in
NitrOS9. Roger is working on this. I posted a quick update on this over on
my forum.

The four flashable banks of the SIDE are nice additions. The down side of
the SIDE is to get it going, you have to use HDB-DOS to get it going -
which is an added expense. The Drive Pak comes ready to use for the price
Roger sells it for.

If anyone needs any specific questions answered, I'd be happy to provide my
opinion. Just remember, it's only my opinion.