[Coco] XLISP!!!!!

Manny manney at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:59:12 EDT 2011

On Sunday, May 29, 2011 10:37:07 AM you wrote:
> On Saturday, May 28, 2011 02:00:06 AM Willard Goosey wrote:
> > We had a discussion about a LISP interpeter under OS-9?
> >
> > ftp://ftp.maltedmedia.com/coco/us_os9_usergroup/DISK19.LZH source & docs
> > ftp://ftp.maltedmedia.com/coco/us_os9_usergroup/DISK20.LZH binaries for
> > LI and LII
>
> This has gotten me up off of my lazy arse and resetup my OS-9 emulated
> system under VCC / MESS.  Thought I'd lost it there for a while until I
> remembered a backup from 2009 sitting on an unused 500gb external HD.
>
> Anyway, I got disk19 up and on my /h0, but I cannot unarchive disk20.  Can
> someone send a DSK with it unarchived to <mannequin at invigorated.org>?

W00t.  I've gotten it working.  I had to recompile it to get somewhere.  I'll
be playing with it for the next few days as some things are quite different, it
being an 'older' lisp than I'm used to.  (Heh, when I use Common Lisp, I get
accused of using an 'old lisp!')  Never know, I might post something useful...

(setq x 1)
(+ x 1)

Wait, that's not useful...  How about:

(defun add1 (x)
  (+ x 1))

For some reason, it doesn't like that in xlisp.  Oh well, there will be time
to play with it tomorrow.

Thanks Willard for finding this and sending me the binaries that got me up and
running.  :)

-M.