[Coco] XLISP!!!!!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon May 30 17:28:03 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 08:59:12PM +0100, Manny wrote:

> W00t.  I've gotten it working.  I had to recompile it to get
>somewhere.

I haven't even tried to recompile it.

>  I'll be playing with it for the next few days as some things are
>quite different, it  being an 'older' lisp than I'm used to.  (Heh,
>when I use Common Lisp, I get  accused of using an 'old lisp!')  Never
>know, I might post something useful...

Good luck, it's been driving me crazy.

> (setq x 1)
> (+ x 1)

That's one of the things that makes me crazy.  LISP people go on and on
about LISP's lack of syntax and then they have 2 different functions for
assigning a value to a variable and they are both very fussy and take
DIFFERENT parameters and no one will ever explain the difference.

> (defun add1 (x)
>   (+ x 1))

I haven't even tried to get a function that takes an arguement to work
yet.

> Thanks Willard for finding this and sending me the binaries that got me up and
> running.  :)

You're welcome!
Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org