[Coco] MAKE_TK.lzh has a bad case of Y2K.

Mon May 30 14:44:11 EDT 2011

>> And have been for > 10 years and no one has said anything.
>
> Tim Kientzle's make is the only "make" for os9 that I have ever been aware
> of that worked.  ISTR there was something called Make in the dev pack kit,
> but it was little more than a script IIRC. ISTR it worked for the examples
> in the kit, but would have needed heavy editing for a "power user".
>
> And while I have had some canned Makefile's that worked flawlessly with
> Tims make, my understanding of the interactions of a Makefile have
> conspired to make me use cc-2.5.2 as it is much much easier to configure,
> for me at least.  No idea where I missed it, but lisp and I, even in my
> amiga days, were never on a first name basis, and that is what a Makefile
> for Tims make reminds me of.
>
> Tim is still around I believe, but I've no idea how to contact him today,
> and haven't googled for him in 5 or so years now.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene

Hi,

It cannot be a big deal if no one has said anything in the last ten or so
years.

But we need to perhaps stop including it in our suggestions if it is really
bad.

I wrote two scripts that are all that I need and my fix for NitrOS-9
changing "Tmode" in "Archive" is done.

It is funny that of the programs that I am using the most only shellplus was
not written by myself. (Colorful SLED, Archive and Vdir).

I am going to try the dev pack kit's make as I currently have it installed.
If it fails also then no "Make" will make.

SHF