[Coco] MAKE_TK.lzh has a bad case of Y2K.

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon May 30 13:19:33 EDT 2011

On Monday, May 30, 2011 01:08:00 PM Stephen H. Fischer did opine:

> Hi,
>
> I have discovered that MAKE_TK.lzh on RTSI is unusable.
>
> I would like confirmation that it really is bad.
>
> In trying to go back to the previous make that I used, I cannot find the
> DOC's for it.
>
> And it does not like the makefile I tried to give to it.

> =CC -r -e=3 archive.p1.c*
> =CC -r -e=3 archive.p2.c*
> =CC -r -e=3 archive.p3.c*
> =CC -r -e=3 archive.p4.c*
> =CC -e=3 -f=archive archive.p1.r archive.p2.r archive.p3.r
> archive.p4.r -l=/dd/lib/cos9.l*
> checking for implicit relocatable files
> file: archive.p1.r
> checking for implicit source files
> file: archive.p1.r
> no explicit source file listed
> make: can't find source file to make "archive.p1.r"

>    0  1987/02/10 11:32  --e-rewr     480      3C9C Make
>
> Header for:  make
> Module size: $3C9C    #15516
> Module CRC:  $41F1F2 (Good)
> Hdr parity:  $88
> Exec. off:   $001B    #27
> Data Size:   $1A77    #6775
> Edition:     $12      #18

> archive.p1.r: archive.h archive.p1.c
> =CC -r -e=3 archive.p1.c*
>
> archive.p2.r: archive.h archive.p2.c
> =CC -r -e=3 archive.p2.c*
>
> archive.p3.r: archive.h archive.p3.c
> =CC -r -e=3 archive.p3.c*
>
> archive.p4.r: archive.h archive.p4.c
> =CC -r -e=3 archive.p4.c*
>
> /DD/CMDS/archive: archive.p1.r archive.p2.r archive.p3.r archive.p4.r
> =CC -e=3 -f=archive archive.p1.r archive.p2.r archive.p3.r
> archive.p4.r -l=/dd/lib/cos9.l*

> I suspect that it came from Delphi but my listings of all my Delphi
> disks are AWOL.
>
> If there are additional make(s) available, please tell me about them.
>
> I suspect that at this time ALL are bad.
>
> And have been for > 10 years and no one has said anything.

Tim Kientzle's make is the only "make" for os9 that I have ever been aware
of that worked.  ISTR there was something called Make in the dev pack kit,
but it was little more than a script IIRC. ISTR it worked for the examples
in the kit, but would have needed heavy editing for a "power user".

And while I have had some canned Makefile's that worked flawlessly with
Tims make, my understanding of the interactions of a Makefile have
conspired to make me use cc-2.5.2 as it is much much easier to configure,
for me at least.  No idea where I missed it, but lisp and I, even in my
amiga days, were never on a first name basis, and that is what a Makefile
for Tims make reminds me of.

Tim is still around I believe, but I've no idea how to contact him today,
and haven't googled for him in 5 or so years now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)