[Coco] MAKE_TK.lzh has a bad case of Y2K.

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon May 30 15:44:57 EDT 2011

On Monday, May 30, 2011 03:36:38 PM Stephen H. Fischer did opine:

> >> And have been for > 10 years and no one has said anything.
> >
> > Tim Kientzle's make is the only "make" for os9 that I have ever been
> > aware of that worked.  ISTR there was something called Make in the
> > dev pack kit, but it was little more than a script IIRC. ISTR it
> > worked for the examples in the kit, but would have needed heavy
> > editing for a "power user".
> >
> > And while I have had some canned Makefile's that worked flawlessly
> > with Tims make, my understanding of the interactions of a Makefile
> > have conspired to make me use cc-2.5.2 as it is much much easier to
> > configure, for me at least.  No idea where I missed it, but lisp and
> > I, even in my amiga days, were never on a first name basis, and that
> > is what a Makefile for Tims make reminds me of.
> >
> > Tim is still around I believe, but I've no idea how to contact him
> > today, and haven't googled for him in 5 or so years now.
>
> Hi,
>
> It cannot be a big deal if no one has said anything in the last ten or
> so years.
>
> But we need to perhaps stop including it in our suggestions if it is
> really bad.
>
> I wrote two scripts that are all that I need and my fix for NitrOS-9
> changing "Tmode" in "Archive" is done.
>
> It is funny that of the programs that I am using the most only shellplus
> was not written by myself. (Colorful SLED, Archive and Vdir).

I have never been able to make the copy of sled that I have, do very much
but crash the whole  coco3, I think because it blows the stack away at the
drop of a Ken & Barbie sized hat.  No idea if my copy matches yours though,
so lemme fire up minicom & go sic vfy after it to get the size, ed & crc.
Humm, and it is not in /dd/cmds, nor in /dd/maxtor/cmds, so 'find sled /dd'
is looking for it.  That will take a while on a 1Gb drive, so I'll come
back later.

I think one does tend to use his own stuff more than OP, a confidence thing
maybe.