[Coco] XLISP!!!!!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat May 28 06:41:45 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 08:18:41AM +0100, Manny wrote:
> CLOS is for Common Lisp.  Other dialects have it built in, etc.

One of my problems with Lisp is that it's so fragmented.  It's almost as
bad as BASIC on the old 8-bit machines!

> I'm only seeing http://www.xlisper.com.  Is it a typo?

Sort of a typo.  xlisper.com = xlisp.org but David Betz is the man.

> it's a Scheme, which is a LISP.  But if you say that to a Schemer, you'll
> probably get hit...  :)

There are important technical differences that I can't remember off the
top of my head, involving contexts and name-spaces, IIRC.  That and
Scheme seems a bit better standardized.

> On a side note from the .com page, anyone know what BOB is other than a
> deceased Microsoft monstrosity?

The Divine Drilling Equipment Salesman?  Candak god of booze?  The planet
created by Titan's genesis device?

Oh, you mean the one on Betz's site! It's doc file says:

"Bob is a simple object-oriented scripting  language. Bob's syntax is
similar to C or C++ but it is dynamically typed and
 has automatic memory management."

Sounds sort of interesting but looks like it's strictly a windoze thing.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard