[Coco] OT: New ham radio show.

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Fri May 27 18:06:21 EDT 2011

I know this is a bit off topic, but I have seen a few ham call signs
posted on the list.

Leo Laporte over at his TWiT podcasting studio has launched a new show
about ham radio called HAM Nation...

“Bob Heil, with various co-hosts and guests will cover the excitement
and importance of ham radio - from tossing an antenna wire in a tree
allowing you to talk to the world, to the importance of ham radio
operators in time of disasters. HAM Nation airs live each Tuesday at
6:00 PT/ 9:00ET on http://live.twit.tv.“

The first episode was “The History Of Ham Radio” or Ham Radio 101.

Bob Heil (inventor of the PR-40 Mic.) host this first show with help
from Joe Walsh - WB6ACU (of the musical group The Eagles) and Dave
Jennings - WJ6WDAVE. You got to see Dave’s Ham gear!

Like most first shows, it’s still in beta and they need your ideas to
help flush out the show. To download the audio or video of the first
show, please visit www.twit.tv/hn.

There is also an interview with Bob Heil and his impact on live and
recorded music. It can be found at www.twit.tv/tri8. It 52 minutes of
great stories about live rock and more.

Thanks!

Steve