[Coco] Anyone still play text adventure games?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed May 25 18:50:22 EDT 2011

On May 25, 2011, at 3:55 PM, Steve Bjork wrote:

> Steve (Sands of Egypt) Bjork

Hey Steve and CoCo list people... I am incredibly bummed I was not able to make it out to the CoCoFEST! this year :( Murphy and his Law have been really bad to me lately. (To others: I am really broke, but I was still going to try to be there, but my car caught a nail in a tire and I was not able to get it fixed to make such a road trip.)

I always forget your involvement in those "other" programs like the adventure games, graphics programs, and ... even a database or something (on cartrdige)? I can only imagine what life was like around DataSoft/Tandy and such back then...

"Okay, we have rights to port a 3-D side scroller arcade game... Steve?"

"Okay, we have rights to the Dallas TV show to do an adventure game based on it... Steve?"

"Okay, we need a database, but it has to work on a cartridge... Steve?"

"Okay, what we really need is a graphics editor but it must be 100% OS-9 and use only OS calls... Steve?"

"Okay, we need a better input interface for a mouse, but it can't use any cartridge I/O.... Steve?"

But we will always know you as the Zaxxon guy :-)

Steve, any recap of the weekend for those of us who missed out?

		-- A