[Coco] Anyone still play text adventure games?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 25 18:08:18 EDT 2011

 > As someone that wrote the first Animated Graphics Adventure, ...
 > (Steve Bjork)

Let's not forget to mention James Garon and Ralph Burris who also are
credited for this game in 1982.

Also, Frank Cohen has been credited for this game. Don't know the story
here. Maybe he did the original design? On the Apple or Atari?

I don't know if it was the first "animated graphic adventure". The game
doesn't appear to be well  known to the "outside world". I know Sierra's
Mystery Fun House was released in 1980. I don't know if it was animated.
I remember the excellent Mark Data series of animated graphic adventures
but I think they came after Sands of Egypt?

It would be interesting to get the history of this. Can you shed any
light here Steve?

 > Now Dr. Sheldon Cooper (see The Big bang Theory) has a different opinion
 > about textual based Adventure games of the 1980's...
 >
 > "It runs on the world's more power graphics chip, imagination" (as Dr.
 > Sheldon Cooper points to his own head.)

I agree 101% with this.   :)

Nick