[Coco] os9 zmachine help?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun May 22 19:48:56 EDT 2011

Speaking of adventure games...

A while back, Joel bullied me into trying to port a zmachine engine to
OS-9.

Adventure games aren't really my thing -- I'm more interested in
role-playing or strategy games, but it sort of offends me that OS-9
doesn't have a zmachine interpreter. ;-)

Anyway, I chose to attack the OS-K version of the "infocom.lzh" engine
on rtsi.  It's K&R code, but is going to require either ANSIFront or a
lot of hacking on the struct.element names to make them unique.  Going
the ANSIFront route requres breaking up the source files into chunks
small enough for ANSIFront to eat (<12K).

One of my conditions for starting this port was that Joel would have
to help out, but he's been too busy.

My indignation that OS-9 doesn't have its own zmachine is not
sufficient motivation to keep going on this project.  If someone would
help me out a little on this, however, I'll keep hacking on it.

Any takers?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA