[Coco] Phoenix IDE gaining sprite/tiles/map editor

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue May 10 09:29:02 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 05:34:32AM -0700, Steve Bjork wrote:
> Back in the early day of creating computer games, we did include the
> graphics data code as part of the source code.  There was no
> graphics support programs and would hand code the data statements.
> (Well, there was not much graphics in those first games.)

< evolution of coco game programming tools explanation deleted >

Steve's description reminded me of a book I recently read:

	http://www.atariarchives.org/agagd/

Granted, the book target's the Atari 8-bit line.  But many of the
techniques are at least somewhat transferable to other 8-bit systems
and beyond.  I recommend it for anyone interested in such things.

John

P.S.  If you don't want to read it off the web, I may be able to
point you to a pdf...