[Coco] What is the current url for VCC ?

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Mon May 9 22:14:42 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM, William Astle <lost at l-w.ca> wrote:

>>  With most web hosting setups, entering the IP address will most
> definitely not work, and, in fact, does not work in this case. For the
> record, anyone can find the IP address by doing a DNS lookup. I did and got
> 209.190.85.9.
>
> The reason it doesn't work is a thing called "name based hosting" where the
> domain name being requested is included in the HTTP request. This allows
> using a single IP address for dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of
> separate web sites.

What he said. Anyone not paying for a dedicated server (usually starts at
$100/month depending on hosting company) will have this type of service.

Also, anyone using Windows or Linux can do an nslookup on their computer.
Below are the results from mine doing an nslookup. Like William said, the IP
will not do you much good.

*C:\Users\Brian>nslookup*
*Default Server:  14.sub-69-78-96.myvzw.com*
*Address:  69.78.96.14*
*
*
*> vcc.20x.cc*
*Server:  14.sub-69-78-96.myvzw.com*
*Address:  69.78.96.14*
*
*
*Non-authoritative answer:*
*Name:    vcc.20x.cc*
*Address:  209.190.85.9*
*
*
*>*

--
Ohioan by birth, Floridian by the grace of U-Haul and a bad economy...