[Coco] CoCo Emulator on Netbook?

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Mon May 9 16:28:01 EDT 2011

I have a small Netbook that's a few years old...an Acer Aspire One 8.9-inch
Mini Laptop (1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 512 MB RAM, 8 GB Solid
State Drive, Linpus Linux Lite. I'm wondering if anyone has a similar setup
and the recommended emulator(s) would be. Doesn't really have enough
storage to run windows, runs the Linpus Linux fine. It has USB ports and I
have successfully booted from a USB stick into DOS. I've tried the Jeff
Vavasour's emulators on it, they seem to run ok, but I haven't tested much.

My questions are:

1) Is there something that may equal or surpass the DOS based emulator
under linux? If so, what other emulators should I look at?

2) Anyone else doing something like this and have some recommendations?