[Coco] What is the current url for VCC ?

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Mon May 9 22:06:40 EDT 2011

On 11-05-09 08:02 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
> A good test would be to know the actual numerical address for
> vcc.20x.cc so that it could be entered directly. Then we would not be
> dependent on our individual Internet servers for translating
> vcc.20x.cc into an address.
> Can vcc6809 or anyone else post the actual address?
With most web hosting setups, entering the IP address will most
definitely not work, and, in fact, does not work in this case. For the
record, anyone can find the IP address by doing a DNS lookup. I did and
got 209.190.85.9.

The reason it doesn't work is a thing called "name based hosting" where
the domain name being requested is included in the HTTP request. This
allows using a single IP address for dozens, hundreds, or even thousands
of separate web sites.