[Coco] TV Tuner for flat screen

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:36:32 EDT 2011

The software I use to block shady stuff actually blocks that domain
entirely, but I took a look anyway.  In case anyone is confused as I
initially was about the "picture display" feature... after close
inspection I'm 99% sure they mean you can put a printed paper
photograph behind a clear piece of plastic, not that it has any kind
of LCD or other electronic display as one might assume.  Still, for
$15 it might be handy if you need to convert RF to composite (and also
need a picture frame).

I have used another device to go from several older computers directly
to VGA, it's sold from a few places and under a few names, mine is
called a "tv box hd" but here is an (out of stock) amazon link -
http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Monitor-Definition-Connection-Converter/dp/B000YLS46C
Prices online seem sort of random, IIRC I spent $30 or so on it.
Despite being skeptical, I've been often impressed by this device's
ability to produce a usable VGA signal from a variety of sources,
mostly old computers.  I used it for the CoCo before I got one of
Roy's VGA adapters.. there is no comparison, but I still think the "tv
box hd" is a decent deal.