[Coco] Learning the 6809

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Sun Mar 20 08:34:09 EDT 2011

At 08:24 AM 3/20/2011, Steve Bjork wrote:
>I was doing  a little web search to help Alan find a source for your
>book and it listed on Amazon.com.  But sadly it was out of print.
>(Glad to see you help Alan with a copy.)  It was cool to see the
>book it listed with the cover and all.

It is funny. Aside from my current books (Country Stores of Vermont,
Three Performance Pieces, and Erzsebet), several of my old books turn
up on Amazon -- even the Kenneth Sawyer Goodman annotated
bibliography which was published by the Newberry Library in a tiny
edition of 500 copies.

>Amazon did have listing for another one of your books, "Custom
>TRS-80 and Other Mysteries book" with a new at $119 and one used for
>$5.  It's a shame that you don't get any of the $119 for the new
>copy!  But that's the life of an author.

No royalties arrived since before the publisher went bankrupt. They
sold thousands of new copies to another company as scrap. Those were
the ones sold publiclly from about 1984 onward. That's how it goes,
though I admit to being angry for a while.

>Please let us know if the "great and power " Amazon does "pass your
>specific request on to the publisher".  But, I can't see them taking
>the time for one lonely request from a CoCo user.
>Then again, who knows?

Who knows indeed! I offered Google my out-of-print books for the
Google Books project and expected no response. They did answer and
will do it, but I just haven't gotten around to doing the (virtual)
paperwork and sending them clean scannng copies yet.

Dennis