[Coco] DW4 (with GUI) for Windows, Linux, and Mac

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:25:56 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 02:46:53AM -0400, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>> I've built current DW4 packages for lots of system types.. 32 or 64
>> bit Windows and Linux, and 32 bit Macs.  I'll add a 64 bit Mac package
>> soon  (If you don't know whether your mac is running the 32 or 64 bit
>> kernel, check out the "Software" section under the system profiler).
>
> Unfortunately for me, the server I'm using for drivewire has such an
> ancient JRE that it can't run this, but it might just modivate me to
> re-route some serial cables.

The server is much more tolerant than the GUI, it's actually identical
in all the different packages for different platforms, only the GUI
part is specific to the OS or bittyness of the system.  There is a
decent change I can make the server package work on your system if you
let know know what version of the JRE you have there and any other
important details.  The GUI not so much, but you can always run the
GUI on some other system, doesn't need to be the same computer as the
server part.

> Because you're doing really cool stuff!

Thanks!