[Coco] What we want out of the CoCo was:c64 taking making a comback!?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Jun 9 15:40:49 EDT 2011

While I would not call the "CoCo experience" a toy, I would call it a
hobby.  (Hobby is our code word for big boy toys.)

For me, writing code for the 6809 is my hobby because I really enjoy
coding for that CPU.  But at one time, I did use the CoCo for more.
I used a CoCo as a controller for small hardware projects.  But these
days, I use everything from Basic Stamp to BasicX to Arduino to PIC
chips for my simple hardware projects.   For larger projects, I use a PC
as the controller for lighting, sound and animation systems for shows
and displays.

Other than hobby coding on the 6809, there is very little that I use the
CoCo for these days.  (Well, I do test code and hardware for the FDC
emulator project.)  But that's why I find CoCo emulators running on a PC
a good fit for me. I can test out the code on the emulator and than drop
it on the real CoCo for the final test.  (It also speeds of code
development too.)

So, the real question is why do *YOU* (as in all of you) need a new
version of the CoCo?

Steve