[Coco] Strange behavior in MESS

T. Franklin tim at franklinlabs.com
Wed Jul 6 22:38:54 EDT 2011

Hey all,

Has anyone ever seen this before? I?m writing a game inassemblers using MESS to debug. I made a small function to set all the paletteregisters to black (screen blanking). In mess, it seemed the CPU (emulation)was locking up. It wasn?t. So, I wrote a test program in basic and something strangeis happening

10 FOR X=0 TO 15
20 POKE &HFFB0+X,0
30 NEXT

I run the program and all is well. The screen goes to black.I blindly type RGB and everything returns as expected. Run the program againand BLAM!! It appears to lock up. But, it?s not. You blindly type anything (CLSthe ?soijosijcosijf? then ENTER). The screen doesn?t show anything but theoriginal RUN command. Blindly type RGB and the locked up screen goes away andthe screen with the CLS and ?oijcowijowiej? displays.

Can anyone duplicate this or is it just me?