[Coco] Converting ANSI-C to K&R(Microware) - Ansifront didn't work

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jan 10 16:02:37 EST 2011

On Monday, January 10, 2011 03:51:22 pm Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 11:03:56PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > I was through Socorro once IIRC, about 55 years ago.
>
> Then you're probably safe.  It usually takes a few months for the
> Socorro Black Hole to permanently lock you in its gravity well.  Once
> it does, though, there's no escape.
>
> As black holes go, at least it's a fairly friendly one.  Rather than
> sucking you down into a quantum singularity, the Socorro Black Hole
> just holds you in orbit and feeds you green chile.
>
> :-)

That I could probably tolerate as long as it didn't smoke up the
refrigerator too badly.  I grew up on Grandpa Hartman's horseradish, which
on neighbor once asked why he put it up in baby food jars when he made it.
The answer, delivered with a straight face, was that anything bigger and it
spontaneously combusted. To this day, I'm the one who dips his french fries
in horseradish sauce.

> I did a few tests of copt2.  With the distributed patterns file, it
> made the assembly file larger (adds lots of comments) but resulted in
> object files exactly the same size.  I didn't try to see if it made
> faster code.

And you have probably done more with it than I can remember doing right
now.  We need Mike K. to set us straight I suspect.  I hope he is still
with us anyway, I haven't see him since about a decade back when he stopped
by in his van, with several ranks of organ pipes in the back, and helped me
get rid of a 6 pack of suds.  We managed to blow about 4 hours on the front
deck in lawn chairs.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)