[Coco] Converting ANSI-C to K&R(Microware) - Ansifront didn't work

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Jan 10 17:59:43 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 04:02:37PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:

> > I did a few tests of copt2.

> And you have probably done more with it than I can remember doing right
> now.

Optimization is deep magic indeed.  That's grad student stuff and I
didn't get that far.  Writing the compiler, yes.  Optimizing its
output, no.

I would like to develop a pattern for copt2 to clean up after
ansifront's "unsigned char" hack (which is to "(X & 255)" all
operations with the "unsigned char".  I imagine this leads to lots of
"sex \n andd #$FF" in the assembly which could just be replaced with
"clra" or something.  But that would require staring at lots of
compiler output.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA