[Coco] COCO FPGA

John Kent jekent at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 25 09:50:55 EST 2011

On 25/12/2011 7:41 AM, Joel Ewy wrote:
> On 12/24/2011 02:17 PM, Mark McDougall wrote:
>
> If you're using a DW ROM on a 'real' CoCo then programs that hit the
> hardware will miss the DriveWire.  But Gary implemented the DriveWire
> protocol in Verilog (Or is it VHDL?  I know that the CPU09 is in one
> and the rest of the system is in the other, but don't remember which
> is which) on CoCo3FPGA, and it emulates the FDC registers.
>
> JCE

Gary implemented CoCo3FPGA in Verilog, I wrote CPU09 in VHDL. Verilog
and VHDL can be mixed and matched in the FPGA design software. There
have been some changes in CPU09 recently that fix a bug in the halt
signal and also FIRQ. I posted the new version of CPU09 to the System09
mailing list so Gary should have a copy of it.

John.

--
http://www.johnkent.com.au
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jekent