[Coco] Dungeons of Daggorath - PC Port

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sat Dec 24 00:11:28 EST 2011

On 11-12-23 09:38 PM, Andrew wrote:
> 1. I don't remember the monsters being as difficult - or as fast - as
> on the original cartridge (you can slow the monsters down in the
> config, though)

Some of the monsters are faster in the pc port because the pc can keep
up with the processing demands of the levels where the 6809 in the coco
just couldn't quite hack it. Thus, you'll see that the creatures move a
bit faster early on when there are dozens running around on a level but
get closer to the speed on the coco as the level is depopulated. There
may also be some timing differences.

> 2. I also don't remember being able to "run outta breath" so easily,
> either (maybe I didn't move as much when I was a kid?)
There are some calculations that are corrected in the pc port. One of
them might have been related to item weights.