[Coco] Um3.init help needed

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 9 18:40:23 EST 2011

On Friday, December 09, 2011 06:38:33 PM Bill Pierce did opine:

> I'll check in with Michael Knudson on the serial mouse thing. Since he
> wrote itm I'm sure he can give us the format for um3.init. I also have
> the sources and will look through the 110 various asm and C source
> files to see if I can locate any info on it. As for the memory, I'm
> pretty sure it doesn't make use of any extra memory as the modules are
> loaded at once and hog quite a bit of memory. The music file itself is
> stored in a hidden hi-res graphics screen and I/o is done with the
> get/put buffers. This is eating up quite a bit of memory by itself. In
> both ubox3 and ultimuse3, if you select the "serial" midi option, they
> mess with the bit-banger. The /MIDI driver for drivewire resolves this
> with proper interrupts so midi doesn't "hog" it.
>
> Hope this was some help, I'll check on the serial mouse thing.
>
> Bill Pierce
> ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Thanks Bill.  I don't recall seeing Mike since he stopped by with a van
load of organ pipes and we did serious damage to a 6 pack, 4 or 5 years
back up the log.  I have to assume from the lack of traffic on the list
that he isn't subscribed.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Smartness runs in my family.  When I went to school I was so smart my
teacher was in my class for five years.
		-- George Burns