[Coco] Christmas Wish Device

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Dec 7 18:21:08 EST 2011

Mike, that's a DISTO Super Controller with a SCSI hard drive daughter board installed. You just have to use a SCSI and not the more common IDE drive. Or you have to get an MPI. I never did like the big MPI attached to my computer! Had one once, got rid of it quick... right after I got a DISTO Super Controller with a multi I/O board (had SCSI, serial, parallel, and an RTC I think... four things I know). The only thing to note is that you have to have the docs if you get a used one because you have to make your own cable. IIRC the controller is really the older SASI standard and will only support two devices (instead of 8 like a real SCSI interface would), but that wasn't a problem for most CoCo users who only had one hard drive anyway.

Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:13:39 -0500
From: mike delyea<mdelyea at gmail.com>

My wish is for a cartridge with a hard drive controller with built-in
floppy controller so I can have both types of drive connected at once.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"