[Coco] Utilmuse 3 Manual

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 09:44:50 EST 2011

Ultimuse3 added very many features after v4. The list would be pretty big. Michael Knudson never added the midi record function and it was always just a sequencer/player. The 8.11 version should load your old files fine. You'll get a version warning but it loads. It would be best then to re-save in the new version. I used Umuse extensively for about 10 years for recording and live performance and saw it grow to probably the most stable midi software for the Coco. If you really need a midi recorder for the Coco, you can try finding "Coco Midi (2) (3) (Pro)" package by Lester Hands/Speech Systems. I haven't seen it in any of the archives but someone may have it. I would love to see it added to the archives. I have a 5 1/4 disk of "CoCo Midi Pro" somewhere but have no way of copying it as I have no coco or floppy drives (even on my PC). I never got to use it because I didn't have a midi interface (required) and my coco died about a month after I purchased the software. I was waiting on a midi interface from Glenside UG but something happened to the project and they never finished it. I use midi extensively in my home studio on my PC still, to control about half my outboard FX gear and to compose/sequence backing tracks for singers and solo musicians. The capabilities of midi equipment and software these days is amazing.

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com